- Triple-lumen design allows an air vent, suction lumen, and irrigation/medication lumen.
- Anti-bacterial filter allows air to enter without contamination.
Training and Education
For additional training and education on a number of topics, visit our Training Center
INDICATIONS FOR USE: BARD® Sump drains are indicated for use a body fluid suction tube.
- Bleeding, hematoma, inflammation associated with purchasing tissues during withdrawal of the sump drain.
- To avoid the possibility of drain damage or breakage:
- Avoid damage from sharp instruments such as scissors or scalpels;
- Drains should not be handled with pointed, toothed or sharp instruments which could cause cuts or nicks and lead to subsequent structural failure of the drain and surgical removal may be necessary if drain is difficult to remove or breaks.
- The air vent port should be always secured upward. Turning downward may result in drain inflow and the filter clogged.
- The suction pressure for suction should not exceed 200mmHg.
- Federal (U.S.A.) law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
- After use, this product may be a potential biohazard. Handle and dispose of in accordance with accepted medical practice and applicable laws and regulations.
- Sterile unless package is opened or damaged.
- Do not use if package is opened or damaged.
- This is a single use device. Do not resterilize any portion of this device. Reuse and/or repackaging may create a risk of patient or user infection, compromise the structural integrity and/or essential material and design characteristics of the device, which may lead to device failure, and/or lead to injury, illness or death of the patient.
For the latest information, always check the "Instructions for Use" that comes packaged with the product. This site is intended for healthcare professionals. If you are a patient seeking more information, please consult your healthcare provider.