- Labeling reminds the clinician of the appropriate indication and use of stool management systems as well as the steps for proper insertion/removal technique and maintenance. View
- Orange Chart Label: Allows documentation of critical information such as confirmation of selection criteria and that no contraindications are present, as well as insertion date and time. View
- Extended Care Providers Illustrative Flyer: Provides information about patient selection criteria, daily care and maintenance as well as directions for use. View
- Patient and Family Education Flyer: Provides information about stool management systems, device care and when to contact a healthcare professional. View
Patient and Device Preparation Poster
Administration of Medication Poster
Quick Reference Guide - Daily Patient Assessment Poster
DFU for Extended Care Providers
FI Patient Selection Assessment Table
FI Risk Based Intervention Table
Training and Education
For additional training and education on a number of topics, visit our Training Center
DIGNISHIELD SMS with Med Delivery
Now With Med Delivery
The BARD® DIGNISHIELD® Stool Management System (SMS) design draws from clinical insight to mitigate damage to delicate tissue due to leakage, pressure and friction. The DIGNISHIELD® SMS helps protect patients from exposure, tissue damage and odor. The system also includes educational components and tools to help meet quality system guidelines.
- Patient selection criteria and contraindications label
- Orange sticker with patient selection criteria, contraindications and insertion sticker
- Patient and Family Education Flyer
- Extended Care information Flyer
The DIGNISHIELD® SMS consists of a catheter tube assembly, a 60cc syringe, a collection bag, a syringe of lubricating jelly,a biological odor eliminator and a tube clamp. The device has no components made of natural rubber latex.
Features and Specifications
|Description||Part Number||Size||Quantity||Natural Latex?|
|Stool Management System, DIGNISHIELD® with Med Delivery||SMS002||-||2/box||No|
|Stool Management System, DIGNISHIELD®, Collection Bags||SMS2BIL||-||10/box||No|
Specifications subject to change without notice.
The design of this enteral feeding [connector/product] does not restrict its use to enteral feeding devices only. Please check local laws for any applicable usage restrictions.