- Labeling reminds the clinician of the appropriate indication and use of stool management systems as well as the steps for proper insertion/removal technique and maintenance. View
- Orange Chart Label: Allows documentation of critical information such as confirmation of selection criteria and that no contraindications are present, as well as insertion date and time. View
- Extended Care Providers Illustrative Flyer: Provides information about patient selection criteria, daily care and maintenance as well as directions for use. View
- Patient and Family Education Flyer: Provides information about stool management systems, device care and when to contact a healthcare professional. View
Patient and Device Preparation Poster
Administration of Medication Poster
Quick Reference Guide - Daily Patient Assessment Poster
DFU for Extended Care Providers
FI Patient Selection Assessment Table
FI Risk Based Intervention Table
Labels and Education
Training and Education
For additional training and education on a number of topics, visit our Training Center
DIGNISHIELD® SMS with Med Delivery
Now With Med Delivery
The BARD® DIGNISHIELD® Stool Management System (SMS) design draws from clinical insight to mitigate damage to delicate tissue due to leakage, pressure and friction. The DIGNISHIELD® SMS helps protect patients from exposure, tissue damage and odor. The system also includes educational components and tools to help meet quality system guidelines.
- Patient selection criteria and contraindications label
- Orange sticker with patient selection criteria, contraindications and insertion sticker
- Patient and Family Education Flyer
- Extended Care information Flyer
The DIGNISHIELD® SMS consists of a catheter tube assembly, a 60cc syringe, a collection bag, a syringe of lubricating jelly,a biological odor eliminator and a tube clamp. The device has no components made of natural rubber latex.
Features and Specifications
|Description||Part Number||Size||Quantity||Natural Latex?|
|Stool Management System, DIGNISHIELD® with Med Delivery||SMS002||-||2/box||No|
|Stool Management System, DIGNISHIELD®, Collection Bags||SMS2BIL||-||10/box||No|
Specifications subject to change without notice.
The design of this enteral feeding [connector/product] does not restrict its use to enteral feeding devices only. Please check local laws for any applicable usage restrictions.